Rock printing based on granular jamming
Bistability of spherical shells
Numerical algorithms for optimal control
- The optimal control problems of the nonlinear system were transformed into the iteration form of linear Hamilton system's two-point boundary value problems.
- With the variational principle and the generating function, the receding horizon control problem was transformed into a set of sparse symmetric positive definite linear equations.
- Based on the parametric variational principle the LQ optimal control problem with control inequality constraints was transformed into the Hamiltonian canonical equations coupled with the linear complementarity equation.
Closed-loop feedback control
- Designed a closed-loop controller by a rapid re-computation of the open-loop optimal control at each update instant.
- Discussed the application of the closed-loop control in various fields like the spacecraft rendezvous problem between Halo orbits and the deployment and retrieval process of the Tethered Satellite System, etc.
- Present a nonlinear closed-loop feedback control strategy for the spacecraft rendezvous problem with finite low-thrust between libration orbits in the Sun-Earth system.
- Discussed the influence from the presence of the gravitational forces from the Moon, the navigational error and the actuator saturation limits as well.
- Demonstrated the robustness, high precision and dominant real-time merits
of the proposed controller through several case studies.